ClimateActionWR is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome applications from qualified persons of all genders, gender expressions, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions, abilities, ages, and backgrounds.
Request for Proposal/Quote
Keep an eye on this page, our social media, and our Community Action Report to stay up to date on future opportunities!
Keep an eye on this page, our social media, and our Community Action Report to stay up to date on future opportunities! We also encourage you to check out staff opportunities at Reep Green Solutions and Sustainable Waterloo Region, our two leading organizations.
Community Events Team Volunteer
ClimateActionWR is looking for volunteers for our Community Events Team to help us engage with the Waterloo Region community.
Building awareness of TransformWR to the community to support local climate action and community engagement events to build momentum and action towards our TransformWR ‘30by30’ and ‘80by50’ targets
As the ClimateActionWR Community Events Team Volunteer, you will be:
- Interacting and engaging with community members at events in Waterloo Region about the TransformWR strategy and the importance of climate action as a whole
- Engage with community members across the region to support local climate action that aligns with the four calls to actions and six transformative changes of TransformWR
- Share the message that we are building a better community through climate action and that every person, business, and organization has a role to play in our equitable, prosperous, low carbon future.
- Ensuring community members understand what they need to do to achieve our 80% GHG emissions reduction target, and feel empowered to implement it in their lives at home, at work and in the community.
- Responsible for communicating with the Community Engagement Coordinator if issues arise at the event(s)
- Act as a representative for ClimateActionWR, Reep Green Solutions, and Sustainable Waterloo Region and be responsible for answering questions about ClimateActionWR and the partner organizations
- Share the responsibility of setting up and taking down event materials and equipment with other volunteers and ClimateActionWR staff
- If signed up to be a driver for an event, ensure all materials are picked up and delivered to event, as well as returned and organized (not required for role)
- Complete post-event evaluation to provide ongoing feedback for continual learning and reporting.
- Approximately one- two hour(s) of online training
- Attending and supporting 6-10 events per year, or a minimum of 40 hours per year (no maximum) starting from hire date
Note: This role requires availability for many evenings and/or weekends. The time commitment may vary month to month, depending on peak season event demands and volunteer availability. Our team is respectful of fluctuating schedules and values open communication so we can manage expectations and adjust as needed. There may be a period of time especially in peak season (Summer & Fall) where more availability is required, whereas the rest of the year might be on an as needed basis determined by the ClimateActionWR staff team.
You should apply to join our team because:
- You’re passionate about combating climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Waterloo Region
- You enjoy interacting with community members
- You want to contribute to the long-term greenhouse gas reduction target
- You have experience leading and supporting a team
- You want to build your leadership skills
- Having access to a vehicle and a valid driver license is an asset
For the full position description please click here!
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and participate in a virtual interview with the Plan Manager and Project Coordinator or HR representative. Please note it may take us a couple of weeks to review all the applications we receive for a role.
We are always seeking enthusiastic volunteers with a passion for our mission. If we do not have a position posted, or one you are interested in, and you believe you have something to offer, please send your resume and a completed copy of our Volunteer Application Form (in a digital format) to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can learn how you can contribute to our mission and vision.
Opportunities to Support
ClimateActionWR depends upon the support and engagement of our community. If you are interested in what we do and would like to learn more, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are also always looking to support sustainability leaders in Waterloo Region. If you have a project or an opportunity that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions towards our target, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everybody belongs in the future we are envisioning together, and thus, there is room for everyone in this work. There has to be. It will take significant effort and community collaboration to realize the goals outlined within them. ClimateActionWR will continue to convene partners around these strategic directions and build momentum towards change.
For our community and for generations to come.
In TransformWR, 78 action items have been identified which must be completed by 2030 to set us on the path to success. In some cases, the first step forward is to identify the lead organization for the actions. Do you see an action in TransformWR that you or an organization you are associated with would like to become involved with? Let us know! Connect with the ClimateActionWR team at email@example.com
Whether we can support you, or you’d like to support us – we’d love to start a conversation with you! Reach out today.
Get our Monthly Community Action Report
Stay up to date on progress towards our goal