Join Sustainable Waterloo Region in our first event of the season!
Our Sustainability 101 event will be the perfect introduction to sustainability in business as it pertains to your organization. Hear from our executive director, Tova Davidson, as she presents case studies from several of our member organizations from the Regional Sustainability Initiative and our TravelWise programs. Learn all about the business case for environmental sustainability through a panel of case studies from local organizations!
You will also hear how the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Resilient Communities Fund has allowed Sustainable Waterloo Region to improve our programs and services and what this means for our members!
What is covered?
- Understanding sustainability in a business context
- Why is sustainability relevant and important for your business?
- Why is sustainability critical for the Waterloo Region?
Who can I expect to hear from?
- WSP: Pre- and post-pandemic changes (TravelWise Member since 2013)
- University of Waterloo: GHG emissions and public target setting (TravelWise Member since 2012, Regional Sustainability Initiative Member since 2012)
- Enviro-Stewards: Net Zero buildings, new blue roofs and more (Regional Sustainability Initiative Member since 2011)
- Kuntz Electroplating: SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) impact (Regional Sustainability Initiative Member since 2016)
Get our Community Action Report
Stay up to date on progress towards our goal