Integrating renewable energy resources into the electric grid is increasing the volatility of supply. Couple that trend with the ever-growing number of devices like solar panels, city building, batteries, and EV chargers that are consuming and feeding energy back into the grid, and you have quite the optimization challenge. Enter the IBM Utilities Flex Platform: a “virtual power plant” that unlocks, aggregates and optimizes the flexible electricity supply that’s available in buildings, thereby reducing volatility, supporting clean electrification and helping to achieve sustainability at scale. Learn how leveraging these platforms can tie into broader digitalization strategies that transform the way utilities keep the lights on and accelerate the energy transition.
This session will address:
- How integrating distributed energy resources/renewables into the grid can create grid volatility
- The role IBM Utilities Flex Platforms play in unlocking the potential of renewables
- How flexibility platforms support broader digitalization and sustainability initiatives
- Heather Clancy, Vice President & Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- Mahesh Sudhakaran, General Manager, Energy, Environment & Utilities Industry, IBM
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.
Get our Community Action Report
Stay up to date on progress towards our goal